Mesa Verde Country is full of ancient ruins, panoramic vistas, and unique vacation destinations!
Feel free to give us a call or contact us to check for availability.
The Canyon of the Ancients Guest Ranch is located 20 minutes from the Cortez, CO airport on County Road G in Cortez.
Getting Here By Air
You can fly to Durango, CO, Cortez, CO or Farmington, NM airports. Drive time from each airport is:
- From Durango airport – 1 1/2 hours.
- From Farmington, NM – 1 1/2 hours
- From Cortez Airport – 20 minutes.
Getting Here By Car
- Take highway 160 to Cortez
- Continue and turn right onto County Road G (road to Cortez Airport)
The ranch is about 17 miles down the road on the left
From Flagstaff, AZ
- Take Hwy 89 North
- Turn Right onto Hwy 160 to Tuba City
- Turn Left to Hwy 163 North to Kayenta
- Continue Hwy 163 North onto Monument Valley
- Take Hwy 191 North to Bluff
- Turn right to stay on Hwy162 through Montezuma Creek
- Turn left to Route 2414 toward to Hovenweep National Monument
- (This turn is not too clear, it is the left turn after you see Hovenweep National Monument sign)
- Keep straight on Route 2414 (not to turn into Hovenweep)
- The road will become Road G once you pass Utah boarder. The gate to the ranch is on your right side with 2 big tree trunks.
From Farmington, NM
- Take Hwy 64 West to Shiprock
- Turn Right to Hwy 491 North to Cortez
- Turn Left onto County Road G and go for 17 miles
- The ranch is on the left side of the road