There are many different things that you can do at/around our Cortez Colorado lodging facility:
VIEW SOUTHWEST COLORADO PHOTO GALLERY:
- Wine Tasting/Vineyards Tour: You will find the best Colorado wines at Sutcliffe Vineyards. Our guests rave about Sutcliffe’s wines. It is just 7 minutes from our ranch, a great place to enjoy the exquisite Colorado wines.
- Exploring ancient ruins and rock art panels: If archeology is your favorite, then the nearby ancient ruins and rock arts will be your best bet. Nearby attractions include:
- Mesa Verde National Park
- Hovenweep National Monument
- Canyons of the Ancients National Monument
- Anasazi Heritage Center
- Canyon de Chelly
- Valley of the Gods
- Monument Valley
- Horseback riding: It is an option for those who love riding. You can either bring your own horses or join the guided tour. Our neighbor “Canyon Trail Ranch” offers half-day, full-day or overnight camp-out trips. Check out www.canyontrailsranch.com for details.
- Hiking: If you like hiking, climbing up to the unknown hills at the property is a great way to exercise your muscles.
- Biking: Not only can you ride around the ranch, but there are plenty of mountain biking trails nearby such as Phil’s World Mountain Bike Trail.
- Steam Engine Train: We are in close proximity to the world-famous Durango-Silverton Railroad.
- Farming/ranching: You are welcome to participate in our daily chores of feeding animals, weeding gardens, irrigation…etc.
- Soaking at Hot Springs: We have several hot springs facilities nearby in Durango and Pagosa Springs for your relaxation.
- Skiing/ Snowboarding – Purgatory Mountain outside of Durango and Telluride offers great skiing and snowboarding.
If you just want to have a restful vacation, you can do nothing but appreciate the green pastures along the cottonwood groves, marvel at 400-year old the cedar pines on the mesas, enjoy the fabulous sunsets that change everyday, listen to the birds singing, and watch thousand of stars during the night.
Nearby attractions like Canyons of The Ancients Monument, Mesa Verde National Park, Durango Steam Train, Monument Valley or Mexican Hat are all within a 1.5 hour drive. The famous ski resort, Telluride, is less than 2 hours away. By staying at Canyon of the Ancients Guest Ranch, you will be able to explore major attractions around the Four Corners region.