Mesa Verde Country is full of ancient ruins, panoramic vistas, and unique vacation destinations! Our rental cabins are conveniently located outside of Cortez, Colorado within driving distance of several Southwest Colorado and Utah attractions.
Attractions Near Our Southwest Colorado Vacation Rentals
- Canyons of the Ancients National Monument — 7 minutes
- Hovenweep National Monument — 30 minutes
- Mesa Verde National Park — 45 minutes to the entrance
- Bluff — 45 minutes
- Durango — 1.25 hours
- Monument Valley — 1.75 hours
- Telluride — 2 hours
- Pagosa Springs — 2.5 hours
Canyonlands National Park — 2.5 hours
- Canyon de Chelly — 3 hours
- Moab, Arches National Park — 3 hours
- Cedar Mesa, Bears Ears National Monument — 2 hours
Our historical guest ranch offers 5 luxurious vacation rental units near Cortez, Colorado. Guest houses range in size to accommodate 2-8 guests. Feel free to give us a call or contact us to check for availability.
Canyon of the Ancients Guest Ranch & Vacation Rental
7950 County Road G
Cortez, Colorado 81321
View Map on Google
The Canyon of the Ancients Guest Ranch is located 20 minutes from the Cortez, CO airport on County Road G in Cortez.
Getting Here By Air
You can fly to Durango, CO, Cortez, CO or Farmington, NM airports. Drive time from each airport is:
- From Durango airport – 1.5 hours.
- From Farmington, NM – 1.5 hours
- From Cortez Airport – 20 minutes.
Getting Here By Car
- Take highway 160 to Cortez
- Continue and turn right onto County Road G (road to Cortez Airport)
The ranch is about 17 miles down the road on the left
From Flagstaff, AZ
- Take Hwy 89 North
- Turn Right onto Hwy 160 to Tuba City
- Turn Left to Hwy 163 North to Kayenta
- Continue Hwy 163 North onto Monument Valley
- Take Hwy 191 North to Bluff
- Turn right to stay on Hwy162 through Montezuma Creek
- Turn left to Route 2414 toward to Hovenweep National Monument
- (This turn is not too clear, it is the left turn after you see Hovenweep National Monument sign)
- Keep straight on Route 2414 (not to turn into Hovenweep)
- The road will become Road G once you pass Utah boarder. The gate to the ranch is on your right side with 2 big tree trunks.
From Farmington, NM
- Take Hwy 64 West to Shiprock
- Turn Right to Hwy 491 North to Cortez
- Turn Left onto County Road G and go for 17 miles
- The ranch is on the left side of the road